Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey burgers
Makes 4 servings
1 Leaner protein
1 1/3 condiment
¾ fat serving
• 28 oz lean turkey or beef (not extra lean)
• 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper to taste
• 4 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
• 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced (seeds removed if you prefer less spice)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat grill to medium or oven to broil on high.
2. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and diced jalapeno.
3. Combine meat, salt & pepper and minced onion. Divide meat into 4 even pieces (7oz each). Take ¼ of the cream cheese mixture and flatten it into a pancake shape. Wrap beef or turkey around the cheese ensuring the cheese mixture is completely covered. Brush each burger with a little bit of olive oil.
1. Grill burgers over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until completely cooked. (Turkey should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees and beef should reach 160 degrees.)
1. Place burgers on a foil covered pan approximately 6" from the broiler. Broil 5-6 minutes on each side or until completely cooked. (Turkey should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees and beef should reach 160 degrees.) #lifesdreams528 .
#momsnightout #momsnight #bridesmaids #fastdinner #greatfood #miami🌴 #pinecrest #pinecrestmoms #keyslife #happymoms #happytummy #goodeats #holidayseason #holidays